Research Title: Mineralogical Characterisation of Platreef Ore on the Turfspruit Farm, Northern Limb, Bushveld Complex, South Africa The primary aim of the study is to assess the mineralogy of the Turfspruit Cyclic Unit (mineralised zone) and finally characterize it. This will be achieved by selecting drillholes from particular sections of the Ivanplats Platreef project in Mokopane, South Africa to work with. Sampled collected from drilled core will be selected from targetted thick and thin reef sections to deduce spatial mineralogical variability.
- Completed Bachelor of Science Degree in Environmental and Geographical Science from University of Cape Town, South Africa
- Completed Bachelor of Science Degree in Applied Geology at University of Western Cape in Cape Town, South Africa
- Completed Bachelor of Science (Hons) Degree in Applied Geology at University of Western Cape in Cape Town, South Africa. Research project was on Sedimentology and Petroleum Geology looking at the oil and gas sediments on the Bredasdorp Basin on the farm owned by PetroSA. The main aim of the study was to determine the sedimentological processes that resulted in the deposit of the sedimemtory layers n formation of oil and gas containing sediments by correlating four logged drillholes from the Basin by using softwares and information from the analysis done on the drillholes.
- Worked for Anglo American Platinum in Rustenburg Section, North West, South Africa as a Geology Trainee. During the training that lasted for a year substantial geological experience was acquired which included core logging, underground mapping, reporting, presenting, mine planning and using geological softwares as well as being able to work with other professionals within a mine and practicing safety all the time.
- Worked for Ivanplats (Pty) Ltd in Mokopane, South Africa as Geology Graduate. Here the experience acquired involved being actively involved in all that is there about geology at the working environment especially because this was training of a graduate to get acquired with experience every geologist need to become a professional in the geology field. Acquired experienced include core logging (geological and geotechnical logging), sampling, QA/QC, database management, reporting, presenting, research, teaching and coaching, software training, geological modeling, health, safety and environmental practices onsite. Internal project research that was undertaken was to Investigate the distribution and occurrence of the Chromite across the Turfspruit farm.