BSc in Environmental Geoscience, Specialization (4 yr degree)
Total: 120 credits (with a minimum of 63 credits of GEOL/ENSC courses plus 27 credits of foundation science plus electives)*
* BSc students are required to take at least 12 cr from outside the Faculty of Science and Engineering. No more than 72 cr can be taken from any one subject area.
The four-year BSc in Environmental Geoscience designed to meet the minimum knowledge (academic) requirements for registration as a professional geologist (P.Geo.) with the Association of Professional Geoscientists of Ontario (APGO).
To read a description of each geology course click here
+ electives (6 cr) (3 cr of foundation science* and 3 cr of Arts** are recommended)
* A foundation science is a course in biology, chemistry, computer programming, mathematics, physics or statistics at the first year level or higher (remedial secondary school level or transitional courses will not be accepted for credit). Introductory biology is recommended.
** ENVI 1507 - Introduction to Environmental Studies is recommended as an Arts elective.
+ electives (9 cr) (3 cr from addiotional GEOL credits + 6 cr of Arts are recommended if not already taken)
*Subject to approval another advanced environmental field methods course may be used to meet this requirement.
+ electives (6 cr) (at least 3 cr of Arts are recommended)
* GEOL 2066 - Near-surface Geophysics is offered in alternate years and should be taken in 2nd or 3rd year as available.
+ 6 additional GEOL credits not already taken above or from the Additional Geoscience course list below:
+ electives* (12 cr)
* Additional GEOL courses (including GEOL 4005 - Thesis) may be taken up to a maximum of 72 credits. Students must ensure their overall degree requirements are met.
Additional geoscience courses eligible for APGO credit: *
* Courses may have prerequisites not listed here. GEOL 2127 - Optical Mineralogy is prerequisite for higher level courses in petrology and ore formation.