Become a Member!
MERC corporate memberships comes in 3 different levels (Foundation, $20,000; Tier 1, $10,000; and Tier 2, $5,000). They provide varying levels of benefits, including access to a Members-Only area of the website that contains copies of recent publications, reports, power point presentations, workshops, posters recent graduate student theses and the CV’s of all undergraduate and graduate students for download. Top tier Foundation Membership provides a position on the MERC Advisory Board and the opportunity to provide direction for future educational and research initiatives. Most levels come with reduced fees for MERC workshops and modular courses.
All levels come with access to and will support one of the most innovative centres in the world for applied education, training, and research on Precambrian ore systems:
- Innovative educational and training programs at all levels (BSc, MSc, MSc, Appl, PhD, and professional development), emphasizing practical and applied mineral exploration skills
- Close access to a wide range of world-class mineral deposits and geology, and close collaborations with mining companies and two of the top geological surveys in the world, providing outstanding field-based educational programs
- State-of-the-art in-house laboratory facilities; more specialized facilities available though an extensive network of national and international collaborators
- Exceptionally broad in-house research expertise in a wide range of mineral deposit types; outside expertise available though an extensive network of national and international collaborators
- Numerous in-house researchers experienced in collaborating with industry; outside expertise available through collaboration or short-term research positions (PDFs) and expertise in exploration targeting.
Membership in MERC represents a strategic investment in the long-term growth and vitality of Canada’s mineral exploration education and research. For further information, please contact the Associate MERC Director, John Ayer.