Updated February 15, 2022
Four $5,000 scholarships will be available for eligible first-year students who register for fall 2022 studies in our BSc Earth Sciences program.
Students must submit a short letter describing why they chose to study Earth Sciences at Laurentian University. The deadline to apply for this scholarship is March 30, 2022.
The Harquail BSc Scholarships were generously established by the Harquail Family to support student success at the Harquail School of Earth Sciences.
2022 Eligibility Criteria
Four student scholarships shall be granted to eligible undergraduate students who are registered full-time in the first year of the BSc Earth Sciences program at Laurentian University’s Harquail School of Earth Sciences.
Student recipients receiving scholarships must have achieved a 75% average or higher in their previous year of study. Financial need may be considered, but it is not an eligibility requirement. Successful applicants are chosen by a committee of faculty and one person from the Awards office. Awards not distributed in the fall term may be made available for winter term applicants.
How to Apply
- Apply to the BSc Earth Sciences program at Laurentian University
- In no more than 500 words, write a letter that describes your academic and/or professional goals and explain why you are motivated to study Earth Sciences at Laurentian University
- Email your letter to firstname.lastname@example.org no later than March 30, 2022, with the subject line: Harquail BSc Scholarship Application
Email us at email@example.com.
Fall 2021 and Winter 2022 Harquail BSc Scholarships
- Available for 1st-year students starting in the Earth Sciences program in the 2021 Fall term or 2022 Winter term (January 2022)
- Eligible students require a minimum 80% average
- Applicants must submit a résumé and letter of no more than 500 words detailing why they chose to study Earth Sciences at Laurentian University
- Applications must be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org by December 6, 2021
- $5,000 value