Harquail School of Earth Sciences is hosting a live virtual Open House on Tuesday, May 18 at 6 p.m. EST.
Save your spot and register here.
Students who are planning to attend or considering joining our exciting Earth Sciences BSc program are welcome to meet faculty, staff, students, and graduates for this live interactive online event.
Our virtual Open House will include a tour of our labs, classrooms, and facilities; discussions about courses and learning opportunities; information about scholarships and student supports; details about Laurentian and campus life; and more! As Laurentian undertakes changes due to restructuring, the Harquail School of Earth Sciences continues with its core mission. We are engaging with future and current students to support their success.
Thinking of joining us this fall? Here are some facts to consider:
- Our Earth Sciences BSc program, as well as our MSc and PhD programs, remain vibrant and strong, ready to welcome new and returning students
- Our $5,000 Harquail BSc Scholarships will be available again for eligible first- and second-year students in fall 2021 (details coming soon)
- Laurentian’s Entrance Scholarships (which may form part of a student's admissions offer) remain available for eligible students, as well as other supports via scholarships and bursaries from the Goodman School of Mines, industry associations, and companies
- Demand for Laurentian-trained Earth Sciences students and field geologists is very high! All of our 3rd-year and many of our 2nd- and 1st-year undergraduate students have secured summer jobs in industry and government, giving them valuable experience before graduation
- Completing our Earth Sciences BSc will enable you to fulfil the knowledge requirements in becoming a registered professional geoscientist (P.Geo.)
- We are committed to student success and continue to deliver a learning experience that is supportive and personalized.
We are excited to welcome new BSc students this September!
Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org if you have questions or are unable to join the event. We look forward to connecting with students, parents, and guardians to discuss our programs and answer questions.