B.Sc. in Earth Sciences, Specialization (4 yr degree)
Total: 120 credits (with a minimum of 66 credits of GEOL courses plus 27 credits of foundation science plus electives)*
* B.Sc. students are required to take at least 12 cr from outside the Faculty of Science and Engineering. No more than 72 cr can be taken from any one subject area.
The four-year B.Sc. in Earth Sciences is designed to meet the minimum knowledge (academic) requirements for registration as a professional geologist (P.Geo.) with the Association of Professional Geoscientists of Ontario (APGO).
To read a description of each geology course click here
+ electives (9 cr) (6 cr of foundation science* and 3 cr of Arts are recommended)
* A foundation science is a course in biology, chemistry, computer programming, mathematics, physics or statistics at the first year level or higher (remedial secondary school level or transitional courses will not be accepted for credit).
+ electives* (9 cr) (3 cr of Arts are recommended; GEOL 3056 - Computer Applications in the Geosciences or GEOG 3056 - GIS Application is recommended)
+ electives (9 cr) (3 cr of foundation science and 6 cr of Arts are recommended)*
* CHMI 2526 is strongly recommended for students focusing on mineral exploration, igneous or metamorphic petrology, geochemistry or mineralogy.
+ 9 credits from:
+ 6 credits from:
+ electives* (12 cr)
* Up to 6 credits may be GEOL 4005 - Thesis or two 3-credit GEOL courses not already taken above or from the additional Geoscience course list below. Students must ensure their overall degree requirements are met.
Additional geoscience courses eligible for APGO credit: *
* Courses may have prerequisites not listed here.